Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beedoola

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Long story short: bought a replacement battery online cause the original battery wasn't holding charge. Stupid ebay seller sent me a 7th gen battery. I complained, they sent another replacement - still a 7th gen. Complained again and they just refunded me the money.

So I have 2 7th gen ipod batteries. The wire lead is a little shorter than the 5th gen but I made it work and when I plug the charger in, it takes a minute but the ipod shows/indicates that it is charging but after charging for sometime and removing the charger, the battery level indicator does not seem to change.

Is this a battery issue or has my ipod bit the dust and just won't charge a battery anymore?

My HOLD ribbon cable is also broke so I can't (or don't think I can) do a reset.

beedoola

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Make sure the battery cable is all the way inside the connector. Also try going into diagnostics and do some tests in there.

Is the fact that the battery is for a 7th Gen make any difference? The battery is in as far as I can tell. How do I go into diagnostics?

BTW, my HOLD switch does not work.

Now the ipod won't power without being connected to a power source.

iTurbo

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
I also need a new battery for my 5th gen Video iPod. I just got off the phone with OWC sales department and they quoted me $59.95 for them to do it.

noodles5666

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
If you move to a Tarkan SDXC adapter, you can get a 2,000 mAh extended battery. This is two-fold. Better battery using SDXC and and extended battery.

trac3rbull3t

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2015
Cape Town
Sounds like you need a power flex and a charge block if its not the battery... Try to get somebody to run a diagnostic on it first mate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.