Ipod Accessories and Mac Website questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mdman, Sep 25, 2003.

1. mdman macrumors newbie

Hello all, I have a couple of questions I hope someone could answer.

I just ordered a new 12" powerbook and 20 gig Ipod for university, and it's been awhile since I've had a mac so....

1.) Does anyone know if people who buy the new PB's will be offered a $19.95 upgrade option for Panther, or will we have to pay the full $129 upgrade price?

2.) What are the best accessories to get for the Ipod. Does anyone have a favorite carrying case.

3.) There are tons of sites to buy PC accessories and whatnot, what are the best sites to buy Mac accessories.

If these questions have been covered before, or if I've breached posting etiquette, please excuse I haven't posted in ages.

Cheers :)

2. pepeleuepe macrumors 6502

Re: Ipod Accessories and Mac Website questions

If you're in school you should be able to purchase the upgrade at your University Bookstore/Computer Store for $60. This is assuming that they have the same pricing for Panther as they did for Jaguar.

3. microrario macrumors member

I advise you to get the iSkin eXo case for your iPod. They are amazing. It is made of silicon so it protects, but is not hard plastic.

You can order direct from the manufacturer at http://www.lajo.biz