iPod ad during rugby world cup final

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by billyboy, Nov 22, 2003.

1. billyboy macrumors 65816

billyboy

Ads during Superbowl? Pah, that's nothing! :) At full time of the most phenomenal sporting spectacle imaginable, what should appear on British TV but the dancing iPod ad.

It couldn't eclipse the game though, because not only did it go to extra time, but the game was won by the golden boy of world rugby with the last move of the game!

It would be great to think the iPod ad appeared on TV in all 205 countries that were tuned in, but I didnt feel the earth move from 4 billion viewers tapping their feet, so I assume not.

2. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

Hahaha. GO ENGLAND!! The iPod ads have been around in Australia for quite a while now too. Good stuff.

But you gotta admit, without ol' Jonny, England won't be nearly as good..

3. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

You can say that of any team, point is, we've got him he's a rugby god and he won the world cup (with some help from 29 other blokes):D ;)

I can honestly say i didn't even notice the iPod ad, but then I doubt I'd have noticed a nuclear assault either...:D

4. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

Some of me was hoping that before full time one of our guys would hack a red card and just bonk wilkinson one - take hi out cold - then see what you do with out your god - muahahahahahaha

but yes - the best man - oops! - team won on the day.

So - still, no country has yet successfully defended the cup.

And england will probably still find a way to whinge over this game.

Congrats to england and australia - they both put up a very very good game of rugby - the best i have seen in a while.

5. billyboy thread starter macrumors 65816

billyboy

Which of your blokes is hard enough? :eek: certainly not Mr I got knocked down and backwards every which way Mortlake.
    Anyway Theyd have just moved their mini gods about and let Grayson do a Jonny.

It was a great game though whoever had won

6. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I aggree with the last comment, it was a game worthy of a World cup final.

The irish tried to take Wilko out in the 6 nations, they popped his shoulder, he went off, put it back together and came back to stomp all over them. Wilkinson is a damn sight harder than your average deity...:D

As for whingeing, it's only the odd Aussie reporter who could whinge about that tournement.;)