iPod ad. How did they do that?

Discussion in 'Community' started by redAPPLE, Nov 19, 2003.

1. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

hello boys and grrls.

i was wondering how they did this. anybody know if there is a tutorial somewhere?

can Apple sue people for copying this concept?

maybe you could even tell me how to do this...

thanks.

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

not sure what software they might have used, but you can run filters on the video images that mask out and replace a range of colors with a single color - the person, and exclude other colors - white of the iPod.

But most likely not only was this method or something like it used, but also going in by hand and touching up each image. The iPod colors are very crisp and look way to good for it just to be procedural.

D

3. Versello macrumors regular

I don't think Apple can sue if someone made an ad similar to it. Their ad is similar to that of Andy Warhol who did silouettes of Marilyn Monroe.

4. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

Re: iPod ad. How did they do that?

they obviously found very colorful backgrounds and spraypainted dancers very, very black

kinda like how we paint ourselves for basketball games. only we use blue and gold ;)

:D

5. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Theyre actually black holes that are sheaped as poeple

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i have seen people already copying it. in my home town they have people dancing in back of yellow, purple, etc backgrounds for the mall. looks real s**ty and they didnt black out the people, guess they arent good enough.

iJon