iPod ad in Blade: Trinity

Discussion in 'Community' started by williamsonrg, Dec 9, 2004.

1. williamsonrg macrumors 6502

So my roommate saw Blade: Trinity last night, and apparently there is a huge Apple presence. At one point, Jessica Biehl is working on her iBook, putting songs on her iPod. Blade asks what she's doing, and they explain that she likes music when she's hunting. She then proceeds to wear her iPod for an entire fight sequence.

Just thought I'd share.

2. monkeydo_jb macrumors 6502

Yup, saw it last night. I believe she has a powerbook though :D

The funniest part was that the baddies all used PCs. At one point, Jessica Beil
    throws what appears to be a PC laptop at one of the vamps.

She had a 3rd gen iPod, all of the monitors were the older studio LCDs, but they did
    have G5s.

3. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I don't know what this show/movie is but that sounds pretty cool. It sounds like Apple paid their advertising bill. Product placements rocks when you see the nice pretty mystical Apple.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

actually as far as i know, apple doesnt pay for product placements, but perhaps they did this time around, it would seem likely, but in the past they have not done so

5. emw macrumors G4

emw

Blade:Trinity is the 3rd in the Blade series, which more or less is about fighting vampires. Sure, there's more plot, but that all you need to know.

Nice news about the Apple stuff - they always show up in movies, although I've never seen a bad guy using an Apple. Must be part of Apple's contract.

6. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    i thought it was funny seeing all the Apple stuff in the movie but unfortunately it wasn't as good as the first two movies. it still had it's parts but it fell short of what the first two were. oh well.

7. monkeydo_jb macrumors 6502

I enjoyed it more than the second, but less than the first one.

Ryan Reynolds is hilarious in the flick. I've liked his humor since 2 Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place.

8. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Blade 3 doesn't seem like a film that would give many opportunities for comedy! But I agree that Ryan Reynolds is fricken hilarious, Van Wilder cracked me up no end! :p

9. williamsonrg thread starter macrumors 6502

I just read an article (can't find it now, but it was on Macbytes I think), about how Dell and Apple are both paying for product placements more. They also mention how Dell reversed the logo on their laptops so that it reads correctly when the laptop is open as opposed to closed. Although hasn't the Apple logo always been oriented that way? It is on my buddy's iBook anyway...

10. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Blade is also based on a Marvel comic book.

11. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

ah my mistake then, it must be one some of the placements that apple doesnt pay for then....

12. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Older Apple laptops had the Apple facing the other way, am I right in thinking that the logo got reversed from iBook G3/Powerbook G4 onwards?

13. emw macrumors G4

emw

Learn something new everyday! In fact, it inspired me to locate this
    site about Comic Book movies...

14. emw macrumors G4

emw

I know it changed from the G3 to G4 Powerbooks. I think the original idea was that if you operated in clamshell mode, the Apple logo would be right-"reading." I'm glad they changed it, because I had so many people ask why the logo was upside down when I was using the laptop.

15. Mantat macrumors 6502a

I read sometimes ago that Apple never paid for product placement.

But I dont know if I should believe it or not... I could understand if it was a small thing but in this case, it sound way too evident and I hate it. When I want to watch a movie, I dont want to look at an ad!

Good exemple of placement is in the 24 serie!

16. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

it's quite possible that the people who made the movie are just Apple fans and thought it would be funny for the good guys to have Apples and the bad guys to use PC's. just a thought.

17. monkeydo_jb macrumors 6502

Thank you for reinforcing my point :rolleyes:

18. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

I heard that it was basically what the studios favor for editing and such. So with that in mind it would make sense that the majority is Apple. And it would also make sense that the creative forces behind the productions like Apple way more then any other wintel based PC so they give those to the baddies. "24" anyone. :cool:

19. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I just noticed that in at least a few of the trailers on TV show Jessica popping in the iPod earbuds. Very clearly iPod 'phones.

20. iJoe macrumors member

Thanks exactly the case. In 'Spooks', a UK drama about MI5, MI5 use Macs and the baddies use PC's. At the end of an episode a few weeks back a PC laptop was thrown into the river Thames! Yay!

21. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

sorry i was just skimming posts. sheesh! :eek: :p

22. monkeydo_jb macrumors 6502

Haha, sorry, I'm just messing with you. Didn't mean to come off rude :eek:

23. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

National Treasure was littered with HP's if I recall.

Mike

24. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Watch the first Blade movie. There are Macs EVERYWHERE (if you know how to spot older Macs). Look all around Blade's home (he must have 5 Macs), in the main vampire library when decoding the vampire bible, and Frost (the main villain) uses a powerbook extensively. He uses something like iChat when taking to Pearl, but this movie came out way before iChat. This movie was before OSX.

Maybe they are just carrying the tradition to the third movie. The first Blade movie, by the way, was a fantastic movie. Second one was too in your face, imo.