Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
It's fun to single-step through the frames of the new ad and see where they made the transitions.

Example: The pants change as the blonde with the horizontally-striped shirt crosses her hands.

Of course, some of the frames came out a little odd. How many arms does this, err, person have?

Attachments

• 2manyarms.jpg
    2manyarms.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 176

Gosh

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2006
Very good Add! Better than the recent nano add in my opinion.

Very small Apple logo at the end!

Foxes me, given the huge iPod/iTunes market why Apple doesn't do more to say "we also make computers, they're iPod-nice and you might like to take a look"!

crawdad62

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2002
Greencastle, IN
Thanks for everyone that filled me in on HD. I knew Apple had HD versions of all their ads but wasn't sure that any of them actually were broadcasted on TV that way.

Thanks again everyone!:)

mahonmeister

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2006
Redlands, CA
That was very cool. Kinda messed with my mind too.

Was anyone else turned on by this add? All these women taking off their shirts and .... yeah.

What do you mean "grow up?"

Rocketman

macrumors 603

I have been shopping for a "true" HD camera for capturing high motion content (rocket firings of course). So far the 1080 HD format cameras I have seen max out at about 1/2" sensors (3) and have a lower maximum resolution than that camera. So it seems it is some sort of proprietary deal with Sony.

The ones I have seen were offered by Band Pro and seem to be yet another exclusive deal with cinematography features.

But no 4:4:4 options.

I would really like to find something that can take high frame rates 60+ even if the event time is only 5-12 minutes.

Capture requirements and costs seem to be far higher than consumer or even typical industrial costs. Any advise would be appreciated.

I expect you will likely suggest something upwards of $20k for the camera. I will have to rent it.

Rocketman

JGowan

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2003
Mineola TX
Love it.

My wife and I are loving our 2 shuffles. I'm sure the other shuffle was ok, but it was so un-iPod... and with a lanyard string to wear it with. Awful. This one is the real deal. Matches everything in the line-up great and just plays wonderfully.

Great Ad!

Rocketman

macrumors 603
the Genisis is based on this camera I believe
http://bssc.sel.sony.com/BroadcastandBusiness/DisplayModel?id=70976

add a 1 in front of that $20k would be closer. $120,000 FOR THE BODY ONLY The red is a 4k camera and will cost around $17500 and the other camera companies are not thrilled with that prospect. :)

I am. :) 4k+ is my dream which allows croping to 1080 HD. It seems my dream is about to come true. Took long enough! Thanks for the discussion. You are good for the economy :)

Rocketman

cheekyspanky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2004
South Bucks, UK
Think I prefer the Nano advert, mainly for the extra visual flair and the music really worked for me.

The shuffle ad is good, showing how it's used etc but isn't as bright and fast , which are things I like about the nano one. The bright colour on black poster campaign was good too, really eye catching posters.

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Thank You We Have Identified The 3 Buttons On The Grey Hoodie • Mostly French

Thank you and we have completed the trifecta in three posts!! Perfect. You guys and gals Rock! Amazing pool of knowledge here.

We have identified all of the three buttons on the grey hoodie in the ad. Aparently the Ad is primarily FRENCH inspired. Wonder if the director is French? ;)

The top one is the "imagine this" "Prototypes"
the band whos song was used.
Thanks vfxer.
#1 top white on black - the French band Prototypes who's song "Who's Gonna Sing?" is what's playing during the ad.
Lower-left face is Beck. (Oh, and Phoenix is awesome. You should check them out.)
Fantastic. Thank you. Way to go polyesterlester.
#2 lower left - has a face - BECK

#3 lower right - a Paris France rock band "Phoenix".

This image is from a zoom in on a HD recording frame:

Attachments

• iPodShuttleAdButtonsWEB.jpg
    iPodShuttleAdButtonsWEB.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 153
  • it-s-never-been-like-that_.gif
    it-s-never-been-like-that_.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 596
  • phoenix_bandWEB.jpg
    phoenix_bandWEB.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 189
  • Prototypes.jpg
    Prototypes.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 123

polyesterlester

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2002
Soldotna, Alaska
Who can identify any or all of the three buttons on the grey hoodie in the ad?

#1 top white on black - looks like it might say "Rocketboom"
#2 lower left - has a face I don't know who's
#3 lower right - looks like it might be a rock band's button, is that "PHOENIX"?

Found it! It's a Paris France rock band "Phoenix".

This image is from a zoom in on a HD recording frame:

Lower-left face is Beck. (Oh, and Phoenix is awesome. You should check them out.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.