Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
I was driving around L.A. yesterday and I noticed an unhealthy abundance of iPod ads. It was amazing, like my own little Willy Wonka world of Apple.
I am wondering if Apple has flooded other cities with this advertising and wish to inquire... Why aren't they broadcasting more iPod (and Mac) commercials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By the way...
I was watching a fictitious iPod commercial on YouTube and saw what looked like the billboard on Sunset blvd. in west Hollywood. You know, the famous Marlboro man, except its an iPod silhouette ad. I haven't been down Sunset recently (other than to stop by greenblatts [mmmmm, matzo ball soup]) and I was wondering if anyone would confirm.
It would be kind of ironic seeing the iPod take the place of the Marlboro man, seeing a how people are addicted to iPod now as much as cigarettes.

jonparadise

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2005
London, UK
Here in the UK there seems to have been a sudden influx of TV commercials for Intel Mac's adn many more iPod ones too.

The Leicester Square Tube station in London is often completely wallpapered in iPod advertisements!

ehayut

Suspended
Jun 29, 2005
Montreal has quite a bit of ads too. Most notablke are a giant billboard at the intersection of our two biggest highways, and one of our subway stations downtown is plastered with them :p

Also a ton of Intel Mac ads on TV

csTYCOON

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2006
Funny, where I live (fairly small city in comparison), a city of 350,000 I have not seen even one add. :confused:

On TV I saw one that was just amazingly ignorant.:mad:

hyperpasta

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2005
New Jersey
csTYCOON said:
Funny, where I live (fairly small city in comparison), a city of 350,000 I have not seen even one add. :confused:

On TV I saw one that was just amazingly ignorant.:mad:

lol! Intel Ad? What, you didn't expect Apple to be very nice about its competitors, did you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.