iPod Advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lukeowen, Apr 6, 2006.

1. lukeowen macrumors member

Hi guys
    I eargerly awaited Apple's 30th birthday hoping they would release new products but was disapointed. I want to buy a new iPod but am unsure if I should buy it now. To cut a long story short, do you guys think I should buy an iPod now or wait and if I buy one now should I buy a 30gb or a 60gb. Is there any difference between them apart from the storage space.

Thanks,
    Luke

2. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

As you I'm waiting to see if any updates to the iPod line is announced. I'll be getting the 30GB no matter what is announced if anything, which at this point I really doubt. I would'nt like to buy a product that might get a price reduction a short time after, that's why I'm waiting.
    I'll order a 30GB this tuesday/wednesday.

As to 60 vs. 30 you see a difference in battery life and of course storage space. That's about it.

3. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Get iPod now. No one knows when Apple will release new iPods, this can happen as late as the end of summer.

30 has less capacity, less battery life, is much thinner and cooler :cool: !

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Personally, I'd wait a little bit longer. There's sure to be something in the works that isn't too far away.

5. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

spot on, just buy one, the current gen is a really good model. Buy one and enjoy it