iPod Advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Loser120588, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Loser120588 macrumors member

I have the opertunity to get a new 30GB ipod video:apple: for my birthday. should i get one now or should i take the 300$ and wait for the new ones to come out when ever that is. The reason i want to get one is because in study hall i could watch tv shows like the office. that leads me to my next point should i get the 80 or the 30 i am going to put movies on it but i dont think i will fill up 80 GB but it would be nice to have. I would be great if some of you can help me in my situation. thanks
    Joe

2. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

Purchase it on your birthday. Whatever versiuon is out you'll be happy on the day you purchase it and the day you get it. 2 birthdays in one.

Get the 80 i you are going video heavy. Otherwise 30 is fine for a music and and occasional 30 minute shows.

3. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Take a look at the iPhone and ask yourself if you'd like an iPod with that screen and interface in the next six months, then ask yourself if you can or want to wait that long, then make your decision.

4. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

this is the answer that everyone says so i'll just copy it....

if you can wait then wait cuz its all up to you...

also, you don't know how much the next ipod will cost (could be more than 250)

and i think 30g if you just want TV shows and 80 if for movies

5. Loser120588 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

I am only going to put TV shows on and one or two movies and then songs on it. I really do like the iPhone but i dont think i can wait that long for it becasue i am so board in school that i think i need my ipod now.
    thanks for the replys:D

6. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

i have 195 videos (including music vids, TV shows and movies), and in total they take up a whisker over 15GB. Added to 7GB of music, i don't have lashings of free space on my 30GB HDD, but i couldn't have filled an 80GB HDD.

7. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

I have 40 movies and about 40 tv shows (about 4 days in total) on my 30gig and still have space for 7 gigs music and photos.

The movies play fine on a 32" standard tv. Watching on screen I'd only watch shortish tv shows.