Ipod and Itunes question

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ngbetter11, Jan 29, 2004.

1. ngbetter11 macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2004
    im new to the forums, and im also kinda new with computers. i know the basic stuff like how to install and play games. lol.

anyways, i was wondering if there was any way you can change the pause time inbetween each song. cause i have a couple Paul Oakenfold cds in my ipod, and pretty much all his songs like flow together, so the 2 second pause inbetween each song gets pretty annoying.

im not sure which ipod i have but its the one with the touch pad and stuff, and it says its version 2.1, 10gb. i just bought it recently so im guessing its the most recent line of ipods beside the minis. and i also have the itunes for windows.
  2. Macette macrumors 6502

Mar 5, 2002
    when you're importing a CD like that, I think you have to select the option to stitch all the tracks together. maybe in "advanced". (sorry, this is vague, but not at my mac right now)
  3. ngbetter11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2004
    so does that mean i have to import all my cds again?
  4. g00gander macrumors newbie

Jan 30, 2004
    Seattle, WA
  5. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

Sep 18, 2003
    London, UK
    The problem with that though, is that you're stuck only listening to it all in that order. Sometimes, you still want to be able to listen to each of the tracks independently. This issue is something I wished they'd address. The crossfade in iTunes works to some extent but not perfectly like in a CD player.
  6. Gambuchi macrumors member

Nov 15, 2003
    pause times on recorded music cd

In iTunes preferences below is a picture of the settings you need for no pauses...

Attached Files: