iPod and MINI's (the cars that is)

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Foxer, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Hey all. I think I'm about to buy a MINI (car) and was excited when I remembered that the iPod/BMW thing covered MINI's as well. I've poked around the Apple site and the MINI site and there isn't any mention of this anymore. Anyone have information on whether or not this is still a go for MINI's?

2. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

i remember reading the same thing. I can't say for sure that it is compatible but I can say that MINIs are cool. I have one and it is comfortable, excellent handling (make sure you get a stick), good gas mileage -- the sunroof is sweet. I would say call the dealer but they may be too dumb. The best thing to do is probably find some contact on the ipodyourbmw website.

3. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

Oh yeah - one problem is that they aren't the most reliable cars. I had to have mine towed with 6k miles because the engine carriage broke or something. I've heard also read that they aren't so reliable. The good part is that you get BMW service. They came and towed my car for free, washed it before they returned it, paid for a rental, it wasn't the worst experience ever.