iPod and Satelitte...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by eclipse525, Mar 16, 2004.

1. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

I was thinking(amazing) the other day and thought that it would be great if Apple made a deal with either "XM" or "Sirirus" Satelitte radio to add them to the next generation of iPods. Ofcourse for the service it would be subcription based.

Although I have tons of music at home, I find myself listening to alot of the radio stations within iTunes. Mainly because of the variety and sometimes you just want to hear different things. I prefer listening to iTunes radio over regular. What do you think?

PS-> Too bad "Howard Stern isn't on iTunes radio. :D

~e

2. Maritan macrumors regular

That would be good. That is one of the only reasons that I'm kind of hesitant to buy an iPod, mini or original. I would like to have the option of listening to the local FM radio stations, or like you said, even satellite radio.

If the iPod ever gets the functionality, you can bet your last dollar that I'll be one of the first in line to buy one.

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Why not buy something like this. It's called the FMXtra. I've heard it isn't the greatest, but for $20 (cheaper if you look around) all it has to do is sound as good as my old walkman.

I'll be getting one as soon as I get a new iPod in a couple of weeks.

4. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

i'd love a radio. sometimes i wanna hear the news, or listen to the radio. im paying how much for my ipod, why not add a radio?

5. KentuckyApple macrumors regular

KentuckyApple

re:

That's funny. Fitting the workings of a sat. radio inside the iPod. Maybe in 5 years!

6. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

If a company is really ambitious, they'll do it in less time. Government said that it would take 10yrs. before they'd decode DNA. A private undertaking did it in 3yrs. In other words, it is possible within much less time frame.

~e