iPod Apple Event

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by alset, May 2, 2003.

1. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Didn't find this when I searched. Forgive if I start a redundant thread.

Cool t-shirts for $10. Free posters. Both look like the "LIVE" teaser on Apple's page. The iPod is even smaller and cooler than you thought. Pictures do it no justice. Even a DJ working two iPods with a turntable mixer.

I'll post picts of the lines outside and inside of the Bay St store, as well as picts of the new shirts and posters.

Dan

2. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

That pretty much sums up the experience at the Apple store in Atlanta as well. Our store even had a line of like 30+ people leading out into the mall area. It was pretty dang cool!

They also offered free CDs with iTunes4 on it, not that that is such a big deal to people on here.

Alia

3. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Re: iPod Apple Even

What part of the east bay do u live?

4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I went to the SD one, got there at 6:50 and there was no line to be seen. Maybe about 40 people inside. Long line at the Genius Bar and check out stands. :)

5. madforrit macrumors regular

I was at Bay St....
    Didn't pick up a new ipod just yet but did cash in on some JBL creature speakers, which were being sold for $99 instead of $129 today only. Not bad...

Lines outside were pretty long...we got there at 6pm and had to wait about 45 mins to an hour or so to get in.

6. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

Got to the SoHo store about 10 minutes before 6. The line was all the way around the block. Lots of people buying iPods. They had at least 4 or 5 very long lines inside. I noticed a lot of people buying multiple iPods. They must've had at least $1 Mill in sales just at that store. I got a 30 Gig myself...