iPod as a photo/video archive

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by GrandShenlong, Mar 4, 2003.

1. GrandShenlong macrumors member

2. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

Re: iPod as a photo/video archive

You mean this is what you want Apple to do? The title of your thread is misleading.:rolleyes:

3. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

4. Sabenth macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

That things called a gameboy advance and as far as i know it dont do photos just mario and mates... but seriously that is a bit on the uglly side of things isnt it...

5. GrandShenlong thread starter macrumors member

Sabenth, I dunno if you're serious when you say that the thing's a GBA, but if you are...
    you're confusing it with the new GBA SP. No, this thing looks more hideous than the GBA SP, and it IS a portable photo "storage solution"...

It does look ghastly, but then again, a lot of things looked ghastly before Apple made 'em (PC notebooks, mp3 jukeboxes, etc.) I'm just saying that such a drive, with a color screen and some neat doodads, is implementable.

6. Sabenth macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

LOL I find the design to be rather intresting in the sense that it just reminds me of that new gameboy shape and size as for its uses its not an ipod granted but if it dose the job then thats good.. so far it dose one thing that i pod dosnt and thats show pixs

7. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Re: iPod as a photo/video archive

Wouldnt that make the iPod outrageously expensive seeing that it would have to have a faster processer and a colour screen?

Edit : P.S. The GBA SP is damn ugly... (good idea though)

8. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: Re: iPod as a photo/video archive

You don't like the GBA SP? Off topic but I think it's great an it's what I have been waiting for in form factor.

On topic I don't think the iPod would need new processors. It is a dual processor and both processors are over kill for a simple MP3 player. The color screen though would be an additional cost.