iPod at the beach

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by fjs08, Sep 18, 2004.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Jun 25, 2003

I have one of the original iPods, but am thinking of getting an iPod to take to the beach and pool. How water proof are they, or do they sell a "waterproof" case??
  2. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    In general electronics and sand or ocean water are deep enemies, but you might want to check out the LiliPod if you have your heart set on taking the iPod with you.
  3. Vector macrumors 6502a

Feb 13, 2002
    The lilipod looks pretty good, but you still have to be careful about getting the headphones in the water.

The descriptions of each of the features and the story behind the lilipod are funny.
  4. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2003
    Home of Al-Qaida
    ... Man, just put it in a zip lock freezer bag. Double bag it.
  5. melchior macrumors 65816

Nov 17, 2002
    yes, with the ipods massively powerful battery that pumps itself continuously at 3.7V 850mAh that literally, and you probably won't believe me, lets the ipod go on and on, even after a few hours (if you're lucky :p)

electrocution. i dreamed i electrocuted myself last night. it felt nice ;-)
  6. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Jun 25, 2003

Thanks for all the replies.

I guess I should have been more specific. Currently, I have a Sony Sports Discman that I take to the pool when on vacation, etc. It's been great, but it's also big, bulky and I have to carry loads of cd's around. Obviously, the iPod is the perfect answer. I won't have it near the water if I can help it, but I do keep the Sony on my lounge chair between a couple of beach towels. The towels do get wet when I come back from the pool.