iPod audiobook playback problem

Discussion in 'iPod' started by DKZ, Sep 26, 2006.

1. DKZ macrumors member

Heloo

I'm having some problems with my ipod, its a g5 video 30gb. I've been converting my audiobooks from mp3 to m4b with a app called Audiobook maker. But they won't run, if I try to start one, it hardly starts before the whole ipod resets.

The audiobooks I made with iTunes and just renamed the m4a to m4b works, but they don't have nifty features like chapthers, so I'd really like to get the others to work. Any one else encountered this problem? Or know what to do?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Do they play in iTunes? If Audiobook Maker changed the file name then iTunes might have lost the file. Do they come up with a grey exclamation mark next to them? If so, just reimport them. :)

3. DKZ thread starter macrumors member

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

5. DKZ thread starter macrumors member

The only one of those I haven't done is restoring, so I guess I'll try that.

6. DKZ thread starter macrumors member

Btw I can see that some people are complaining about some similar issues after updating their itunes and iPod, something with gapless playback.

I have 1.2 firmware and itunes 7.

7. DKZ thread starter macrumors member

Restoring didn't help. Now I tried having itunes convert the m4b to m4a, and then via a applescript make it back into m4b, it works, but it doesn't have chapters, which I would like to have, plus it takes 4 hours on my ibook to convert a 11 hour long audiofile, which is something I wouldn't mind not having to go through with all my audiobooks.

8. dr rory macrumors newbie

Hey, I'm having exactly the same problem with my 5.5g 30gb ipod and audiobook maker. Did you ever find a solution DKZ?