iPod Backup

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by cypher, May 1, 2004.

1. cypher macrumors member

I have a 2g 20gb iPod and its almost full, so i'm thinking of getting a 40gb 3g but the only thing is that I have about a 100 playlists on my old ipod. I was wonding if it was possible to backup my entire ipod and transfer the files to my new one so i dont lose the playlists.

Thanks!

2. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

There is a way when u get ur new ipod set it up and stuff and then plug it in with itunes open it should put all the songs and playlists on it automaticaly....

Then just add more songs in to the itunes program
    its very simple

3. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

You're iPod music and playlists are just your iTunes music and playlists. Buy the new iPod. Connect it to the Mac. It will sync with iTunes. That's it!

4. cypher thread starter macrumors member

I used music match for most of my playlists. So should i sync it with i tunes and then sync with the new ipod?

5. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

OK, I didn't realize you were on Windows. As far as I know, the latest iPods still support MusicMatch. You can just continue to use MusicMatch with the new iPod.

Or, you might be able to transfer music and playlists from MusicMatch to iTunes, assuming you want to use iTunes instead of MusicMatch.