Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cypher

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
I have a 2g 20gb iPod and its almost full, so i'm thinking of getting a 40gb 3g but the only thing is that I have about a 100 playlists on my old ipod. I was wonding if it was possible to backup my entire ipod and transfer the files to my new one so i dont lose the playlists.

Thanks!

macrumors 68020
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
There is a way when u get ur new ipod set it up and stuff and then plug it in with itunes open it should put all the songs and playlists on it automaticaly....

Then just add more songs in to the itunes program
its very simple

titaniumducky

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2003
cypher said:
I have a 2g 20gb iPod and its almost full, so i'm thinking of getting a 40gb 3g but the only thing is that I have about a 100 playlists on my old ipod. I was wonding if it was possible to backup my entire ipod and transfer the files to my new one so i dont lose the playlists.

Thanks!

You're iPod music and playlists are just your iTunes music and playlists. Buy the new iPod. Connect it to the Mac. It will sync with iTunes. That's it!

cypher

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
titaniumducky said:
You're iPod music and playlists are just your iTunes music and playlists. Buy the new iPod. Connect it to the Mac. It will sync with iTunes. That's it!

I used music match for most of my playlists. So should i sync it with i tunes and then sync with the new ipod?

titaniumducky

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2003
cypher said:
I used music match for most of my playlists. So should i sync it with i tunes and then sync with the new ipod?

OK, I didn't realize you were on Windows. As far as I know, the latest iPods still support MusicMatch. You can just continue to use MusicMatch with the new iPod.

Or, you might be able to transfer music and playlists from MusicMatch to iTunes, assuming you want to use iTunes instead of MusicMatch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.