Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iCheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2006
I charge my iPod up all the way until it shows the charged icon, but when I unplug it from the computer the battery icon isn't even fully green, it is missing a little bit. I haven't even had this iPod that long yet, is this normal??

Stratification

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2005
Spokane, WA
When was the last time you let it run all the way down and then charged it fully? It may be that the bar display just isn't calibrated correctly. You'd get the same battery life, but the gauge wouldn't be accurate.

iCheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2006
I always run down my battery all the way and then charge it up fully.

iCheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2006
I am plugging my iPod back in and I am going to let it stay plugged in for a while longer to see if maybe it fills up the battery more.

iCheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2006
I had left it plugged in to charge for another hour or two, and when I unplugged it it still displayed the not-fully charged battery icon. However, after browsing some menu options for a few seconds, the battery icon filled up completely. Strange :D

osxnewbe

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2006
From my experience, it takes a minute or two for the battery indicator to reflect how much power is left and then its a rough estimate (mine is a 20GB 3G).

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
I charge my iPod up all the way until it shows the charged icon, but when I unplug it from the computer the battery icon isn't even fully green, it is missing a little bit. I haven't even had this iPod that long yet, is this normal??

Yes, that is normal. A battery indicator is always an approximation, and is never to be taken as totally accurate. I've run my battery for an hour or more on a tiny little red sliver.

MP4-22

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2007
Illinois
I think I've read somewhere that it might not show the battery accurately until you access the hard drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.