iPod battery rebate - What you buying?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Bibulous, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

What are you going to get with your $50 iPod rebate?

I'm going to use it for a wireless keyboard, or if it come quickly maybe a Tiger upgrade.

2. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

lol my ipod's case got a bit bent :eek: so i'm probably going to get a new battery/new ipod and hope they either fix the case or i get a new case...
    if that hadn't happened i'd probably put it towards an ipod shuffle, or perhaps for an ipod accessory or two :)

3. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

does anyone know when the rebates are supposed to be mailed out?

if it comes in the next couple weeks, it'll go towards my ibook
    if not, then maybe a nice bluetooth mouse or part of an ipod shuffle

4. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Got mine a couple weeks ago. I'm not going to use it because I think it's a stupid lawsuit. Not saying you shouldn't use yours though.

5. Ryan T. macrumors 6502a

Ryan T.

If you're not going to use your credit can I? :rolleyes:

6. iPegboy macrumors regular

if you think it's a stuipd lawsuit, why did you file to get the rebate?

actually, my first generation iPod withstood the test and worked for 5.25 hours. in good conscience, i couldn't file a for a rebate.

7. Passante macrumors 6502a

Passante

My second generation iPod is still going strong. No rebate for me. :rolleyes: Stupid law suit.

8. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

What's the latest that a person can send in the form to get the rebate?

9. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

i haven't timed my ipod lately, but it only gets a few hours of battery life
    considering that i paid 369 + tax + 40 restocking fee for a 2G iPod (i originally bought a 10GB 2G one but returned it a week later when the 3G 15GB came out) i think apple can give me 50 bucks

10. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

I didn't file for a rebate, and I received a form the day after the story hit Macrumors. Presumably if you registered your iPod purchase with Apple, you got the form automatically.

I agree with mcarnes - it's a frivolous lawsuit and I didn't feel misled in any way. I know that batteries don't last forever, and they never claimed it would. So (much as I'd like $50) I too can't use it in good conscience. I'm not sure if mine's still around of if it was already shredded.

11. Zeekium macrumors newbie

Zeekium

How did you guys get this rebate? i have a 3rd gen 10gb...am i eligible?

12. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

From the rebate from the settlement you need the receipt from the original sale...i can't find the receipt. But i had problems with it so i brought it to apple store, and they gave me a new one. Can i use the paperwork from that to claim my rebate.

i plan on using if i can the rebate, to get a new photo or a new 5g ipod :cool: