1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

iPod Broken, but im not mad

Discussion in 'iPod' started by amholl, Oct 18, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

Ok, so my 4G 40 GB iPod has the sad iPod and wont do anything it says on the apple support page, so im gonna take it in. I have Apple Care so they will replace it, but do you guys think they would replace it with a photo or a video?
    I am just wondering because i was planning on selling this one anyway. Having them give me a video would also eliminate me having to sell the photo to get the video. How much do u guys think a 60 GB photo would fetch me?

2. macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

no, they'll give you a "new" 4th gen. It's like a refurbed iPod with all new parts and stuff, no scratches, but still a 4th gen. It's like an iPod recycling program. Same thing happened with mine ;)

3. macrumors G4

dmw007

I was wondering why you were not upset that your iPod was broken- that is, its being under warranty.

If my iPod broke, I would be beyond upset. :)

4. macrumors 6502

idk, im upset, but i have a shuffle to tide me over, and this will put me less out of pocket for my new 5G iPod. But I am pretty upset, hust not outrageosly mad. It would have been easier if it didnt brake cus i would have gotten 230 for it from my mom, therfore being only 69 out of pocket. But with the new one, if its a 60 gig photo, i'll sell it for more than 300 and could even get a 60 gig vid.