iPod buyers singing the blues

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Dec 30, 2003.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
  2. Stike macrumors 65816

Jan 31, 2002
    Re: iPod buyers singing the blues

They write about that as if it was something to complain about. And they sound like they know its a fact, not a rumour. Do they trust MacRumors THAT much? ;)

In the next article they can complain about computers being much faster and cheaper than last year. Stoopids... new Pods are a good thing!
  3. digital1 macrumors 6502

Jan 2, 2002
    Funn -e

I wonder what insider they have! LOL Honestly people need to get their facts straight. Unless they have Steve Jobs himself telling them this stuff, They are just full of it for that. HEY HEY! It can be Microsoft trying to sabotage Apple! LOL :rolleyes: They pretty mad XP Media Edition isnt flying off the shelves, or tablet edition, or Copy Apple Edition! HEY! It can happen ;)
  4. rueyeet macrumors 65816

Jun 10, 2003
    ooooh, snoo-tay. Because the common person should never own more than, say, 100 CDs, dontcha know. Sheesh. Has the writer looked at the average teenager's collection of CDs nowadays? the average file-swapper's multi-GB's of MP3 files? :rolleyes:

The article makes it sound like anyone who dropped a few hundred bucks on a non-mini iPod is going to be looking at the same thing or better for four times less cash after the Expo. Not so! It's just that those who can't or won't spend that several hundred can drop a bit less to get less capacity, and maybe less functionality too. iPod Lite. How's that supposed to disappoint anyone who already has a bona-fide, thousands-of-songs and FireWire storage to boot, iPod? (And of course, all that's only applicable if the rumors are true, anyway!)

You've got to wonder what passes for journalism nowadays. Did they just get this off Reuters, who got it off MacRumors et al? (though they do make the distinction that the color cases will be for the regular iPod, not the mini, which makes me wonder if they've got independent confirmation.) Repeating a rumor, however increasingly likely, solely to pooh-pooh the people who they apparently feel too much money to spend on frivolous items, or maybe have more CDs than a normal person should be allowed, is really....well, it's not journalism, anyway.

5. themadchemist macrumors 68030

Jan 31, 2003
    Chi Town
    I really hope they don't make iPods that are a bunch of different colors...

The iPod's white simplicity is chic...Making it another iteration of fruit-flavored iMacs will only cheapen its aura. The iPod, right now, is the stuff of celebrity; make it a finger-sized, multi-colored, plasticky gigapet (is that what they were called?) and you're going to destroy the strength of the brand.

I hope that the smaller form-factor will keep the same general appearance that the current iPod has...And I hope the only colors we see are white on the front and steel on the back.