iPod calender

Discussion in 'iPod' started by manosaurus, Oct 17, 2006.

1. manosaurus macrumors 6502

manosaurus

Is there a way to edit my ical ON my iPod? If not, is there any software which would do this that anyone knows of that I can download onto the iPod?

TIA

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

No, the iPod calendar syncs with iCal on the Mac. Currently there is no way to input information to the iPod without using a computer to do so. The new "search" function on 5.5G iPods and 2G nanos is the first instance of the ability to interact with the iPod - it could filter down into other areas of the software in the future but currently you can't do anything to the calendar when you're out and about.

It would make the iPod more of a PDA and I do think it will eventually happen but not just yet.

3. manosaurus thread starter macrumors 6502

manosaurus

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yeah, but remember - the iPod's function is primarily a music player. It is marketed as such and any other features are basically a bonus.

5. manosaurus thread starter macrumors 6502

manosaurus

Oh, of course. I got it for music portability, I didn't even know it would have all of the "extras." Currently, I keep track of my appointments with old fashioned pen and paper and a little memory too but Once I found the search feature and the calander I started to wonder...

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yep, me too. It's not hard to put 2 and 2 together after a while when it comes to the iPod. The search ability is going to show itself all over after a while, naming stopwatch events, searching for cities in the worldclock, using letters and numbers for the screen lock, adding to To Do notes esp. with Leopard's built-in To Do notes, all sorts of interesting developments.

Obviously the scroll-one-letter-at-a-time method of information input isn't ideal but it does raise the question of how powerful the iPod could become whilst still maintaining the clickwheel operation.