iPod Car Charger - 4G

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Nawlins, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Nawlins macrumors member

I'm looking for a reliable car charger for my new 4G iPod (see updated signature). I saw this one on XtremeMac for $20 and was wondering a) if anyone could comment on it, and b) if there's anything cheaper or more reliable: http://www.xtrememac.com/adapters/car_charger.shtml

Thanks!

2. freeorangeshoes macrumors member

own it, works great. charges the ipod. not much more to say about it really.

3. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I have one from Belkin that has an audio output and volume control on it. I plug it into my iPod on the bottom and have the audio out on the charger running into a Cassette adapter for the stereo. This allows for volume control on the car stereo - not the iPod.

Belkin Auto Kit

4. aurah macrumors newbie

i too have the belkin one - it works very well, and the amplifer built into the charger is great - altho if you turn it up toooooo loud, the sound it really bad. but i also drive a car w/really crappy speakers, so it might not sound as good on a better stereo sytem. overall, affordable and works well.

5. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I actually found that if you turn the Belkin audio slider down very low (almost off) you can use your car stereo volume to go up so the sound stays loud but clear and doesn't break up. Try it - works for me.