Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpirog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2013
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have a car sound system that allows iPods to be connected and it's able to display whatever is playing from the iPod on the screen of the car sound system display.

Other devices like android devices or any other usb plugged in devices don't work.

Is there a certain filesystem the other devices need to be to match up with how the iPod is connected? Or is it just a certain connection that the iPods have that allow that to be recognized by the sound system?

My intentions are to be able to connect any device to my sound system so it can play music regardless of what type of device.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
You will have to get a new stereo made to work with Android or simply use the AUX jack which won't allow the stereo to display the track info.

I checked about a year ago and saw one or two stereos that were made for Android, most are made for Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.