ipod car stands?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by medea, May 24, 2003.

1. medea macrumors 68030

medea

has anyone come across any good looking car stands for the ipod? the only ones I have come across so far all look lame like something that came from the auto section of walmart.
    Probably doesnt make a difference but it's for the last generation ipod not the new one.

2. medea thread starter macrumors 68030

medea

3. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i use mine in the car. mostly i just kind of sit it in the seat or put it in my center console (inside the pocket thing). granted, it's a bitch to change tracks while driving like that, but i usually queue up a playlist before i take off. so it works for me. i haven't seen any car stands at all.

4. lustfish macrumors newbie

iPod stands in the car... the plot thickens

Hi there,

I was just searching for the same thing on the web actually. I came across this url: www.everythingipod.co.uk which has a stand but it looks a little clunky and it uses an FM transmitter (I don't think these transmitters are too great from past experiences with iTrip's).

My brother has used a mobile phone stand (just a standard cheapy one) and has put the bracket under the dash by the air vents so there aren't any horrible drill holes.

I have contacted car audio places in the past but they have no idea what I'm trying to ask. Hopefully now that iPods are becoming more common (unfortunately) there will be more of a need for places to be able to wire them into cars professionally.

I hope this helps.

5. beerguy macrumors regular

This is how I solved it. yes, the white wire to the cassette adapter is a little cheesy, but I don't care.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. brianellisrules macrumors regular

7. iChan macrumors 6502a

iChan

the tunedok by belkin is the best by far... i use it in my mini and it looks the business.

I just hope it will work well with the ipod Mini, or else I'll have to upgrade