iPod case - whats it like?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dobbin, Nov 11, 2005.

1. dobbin macrumors 6502a

dobbin

I'm looking for a birthday present for a friend - his wife has bought him a new video iPod, so I thought I might get him some iPod socks for it.

Can anybody tell me what the case is like that comes with the iPod. Is it any good, or would he prefer socks do you think?

Personally I really like my socks and wouldn'rt use anything else for my own iPod, but if the new case is really nice then maybe this is a bad idea.

Thanks.

2. dobbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

dobbin

just re-read my post and obviously you can't tell me if my friend will prefer socks or the bundled case. Only he can decide that.

But can anyone give me their opinion of the case that is included with the video iPod.

Anyone..?

3. bollard macrumors regular

It's pretty cheap and nasty to be honest but does a job. Quite clearly an afterthought by Apple after the Nano scatching issue. Go for the socks I'd be happy to receive them.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I wouldn't be. I'd be happy because it was a present, but I think the iPod socks are pointless, so I would just see it as a waste of money, although it's pretty. Just get a nice colourful pair of regular pair of socks and stuff your iPod into that.

Just get him a nice iPod case.....a "real" one. One that will allow him to use it when it's inside its case.

5. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

The case that comes with the new iPod is Ok. It's a very tight fit on my 30Gb, so it can be difficult to get the iPod out. It's also very quick to get dirty, I've only had the iPod a few weeks and the case is already turning a little brown. Also, the stitching is coming out of one corner.

As for the looks, there's nothing bad about it, but also nothing good about it.

6. dobbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

dobbin

Just proves that one mans wine is another mans poison.

I know not everyone likes the socks but I really like mine. So if the included case is only average, then I'm going to get him some. I've got to buy something in the next hour, and I can't think of anything else!

Thanks for your help guys.

7. crazydreaming macrumors 6502a

crazydreaming