ipod cases

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Ipaqman, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

hey everyone,

i was just wondering if anyone uses the ipod case that comes with the ipod. does it scratch the screen when you take it in and out of the case? also, does the clickwheel scratch easily?

thanks for all of your help.

regards,
    ipaqman

2. Ipaqman thread starter macrumors 6502

could someone please help me with this. also, i am looking for an armband for running to hold my ipod. what is the best one to get. i had a look at the marware ones, but i am scared that the rubber on the side of the case is going to tear off. also, is there any place to get them cheaper. on their website they are $39.

thanks,
    ipaqman

3. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

First off your shiny iPod will get scratched it's a fact of life. Second I have Apple's case and the Marware case. I like them both for difference reasons. They both protect quite well and as long as your iPod is clean should not scratch it.

The Apple case is very convienient but for sports and outdoor activities is not extremely protective. The MarWare case is fantastic and offers a lot of protection but is a pain in the but if you need to take it out of the case very often. Make sure the inside of the MarWare case is spotless before putting the iPod in it or the dirt in there will scratch the heck out of your iPod.

4. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

I have used the Apple case for about 18 months on my 3G, and I have not experienced any significant scratching; that's not to say the iPod still looks brand new, but it is certainly in very good condition given its level of use. Unlike many third party cases, the Apple case does protect the wheel.

5. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

6. St Soichiro macrumors regular

For my first iPod I just used the case provided by Apple, and yes there were scratches. Mostly from having to take the iPod in and out of the case to operate it. Now I use a Radtech sleeve and am very happy with it. There are a lot of skins and sleeves for iPods - run a search here and on ipodlounge.com.

7. Ipaqman thread starter macrumors 6502

is the marware case the best for running and working out, or are their others that might be better? also, i had a look on their website and they were kind of expensive ($39). does any place sell them for a cheaper price?

thanks for your help,
    ipaqman

8. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

The MarWare will be best as it provides more then ample protection, water-protection and versatility. It has a belt clip and an arm band and the cover is removable if you don't need it and if you are using the cover the earphones will store in it.

9. Will Curran macrumors regular

Will Curran

10. Ipaqman thread starter macrumors 6502

does anyone know where you can purchase them in canada at a retail store? does best buy or futureshop have them? is there any place that sells them for less than $39?

thanks,
    ipaqman

11. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

Great Riddled Rhesus Monkeys! London Drugs sells a lot of iPod accessories. Not sure if they have the cases for the latest generation though.