iPod cassette adapters for car

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jackc, Jul 20, 2004.

1. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

Anyone have an opinion on the different iPod cassette adapters? There seem to be quite a few brands out there. Are they pretty much all the same?

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

The iPod isn't any different than anything else with a headphone jack as far as cassette adapters are concerned, and, while there might be some variance in quality, for the most part, all the cassette adapters I've used for the past decade or so have all sounded about the same. I'm guessing that, unless you buy the absolute cheapest piece of cr*p available, the quality will be fine. Or at least as good as another adapter. They never sound perfect, of course, but they're not too bad.

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    sony has a mad expensive tape adapter but i dont see much of a improvement over normal priced ones

4. denm316 macrumors 6502

I bought the Sony one at the Apple Store and it sounds half decent

5. Cordless_Drill macrumors regular

Cordless_Drill

I use a Sony adapter with the Belkin charger. I couldn't be happier. I think the sound is second to none. It's revolutionized the enjoyment of driving around town!

6. GetGo macrumors regular

I got mine at radio Shack $20.00 sounds great. I always need to lower my volume when I use it.