Ipod choices

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by hkriffraff, Apr 5, 2004.

1. hkriffraff macrumors regular

I've been aching to own an ipod, esp. an ipod mini - but I don't live in the US
    and Apple made the 11th hour announcement that we'll have to wait *another* 3 months just to place orders (actually, the mini is available now as a grey import but it's quite a rip-off at around $350).

So now I'm starting to think that maybe I should just get a regular ipod (probably the 20gb). But I've been hearing all this speculation of next generation video-capable ipods being released and wonder if now is a good time to buy this generation of ipod.

So what do you guys forecast? Are new ipods a few months away, or more likely a year or more? As for the mini - are there retailers who will ship internationally at a reasonable rate? (I found B&H Photo has internationaly shipping, but it's kind of steep at $40)?

2. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

screw getting video ipods - even if that were the case - are you really going to watch a movie on a screen that small?? Maybe carrying around a picture of your kids is neat, but come on!!!

The current iPods rock. Apple gives no hints as to their upgrade dates - go please yourself and start rocking on a new 20GB pod!

3. hkriffraff thread starter macrumors regular

I'm thinking of bidding for a mini on Ebay... hopefully with more supply, prices will become more reasonable. BTW, I was looking at the different colors and thought that the gold mini in contrast with the blue backlit screen looked quite pleasant.
    Yet I read that in terms of sales, the gold mini is dead last out of the five colors.
    I've never seen any of them in person - is the gold mini really that unattractive?