iPod Class Action Lawsuit

Discussion in 'iPod' started by steidl705, Dec 6, 2005.

1. steidl705 macrumors newbie

Nov 16, 2005
    i got a letter in the mail about there being a lawsuit against apple for there 3rd gen iPod, cause the battery life was bad and there were other problems. i noticed these same problems with mine and i fit the description for being able to be included with this.

did anyone else have this? or does anyone know if it's too late to do something?

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    Whew. You've got a ton of reading to catch up on. Or... you could just not bother, because the deadline for you to submit your claim has most likely passed. Just in case-- I'll give you some viable links.

The original iPod lawsuit thread. It's quite lengthy and not too necessary to read.
    Anyone got their $50 rebate checks yet?
    Update on iPod Settlement thread. <-- That one is pretty short and to the point.
  3. steidl705 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 16, 2005

thanks for the links. guess it's too late, but thats ok, i ended up buying another iPod and an iPod Shuffle.

did you get anything from this settlement?
  4. aricher macrumors 68020

Feb 20, 2004
    I've been waiting on the settlement. Apparently Apple is stringing it along with the appeals process. I filed for battery replacement for one 3G iPod and a $50 store credit for another 3G. Now I'm wishing I would have just taken store credit for both as it would have been fater to just get my batteries replaced by a 3rd party.