Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greganator22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
I usually always search the forums here for help fixing others ipods and such. The one time I have a problem, I can't find help anywhere. Anyways. its a 120gb ipod classic. everytime I sync it, there is no music on the ipod, but it shows that its halfway full. so i plug it back in and itunes says it needs to be restored. so i can restore it and it will sync all the music back on it and it works. but if i add new songs to my itunes and want to sync them over it does the same thing. they all sync over, i eject the ipod, and no music. i've tried formatting with disk utility and same problem. also syncing the music is fast up to about 9,900 songs and the rest (probably 400 songs) take about an hour to sync.

any help would be appreciated. I have a feeling the hard drive is failing, but i dont wanna hear that haha.

njaremka

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2010
your hard drive is failing.

also, don't be so afraid of opening it up and changing the drive. follow the instructions on ifixit.com and you will be back up and running in no time.

greganator22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
dang thats what i was afraid of. i've changed them a thousand times (thats an exaggeration) but never mine. thats a bummer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.