iPod Classic and iPhone

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Appler8, Oct 14, 2011.

1. macrumors member

How many of you have the iPod Classic and iPhone? Even though the iPhone (which I currently have) already holds music, I have the cash and I'm pretty tempted to buy the iPod classic simply because of the space, and overall 'classic' ipod feel, plus it's a great a collector's item . What are your guys' thoughts? Would it be plain dumb to have two devices that hold music? Thanks.

2. dsiee, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

macrumors newbie

I'm also considering this option but now there's a 64gb iPhone I'm total stumped:confused:
    Thing is-
    iPhone 4s 16gb + iPod classic 160gb = AU$1079
    iPhone 4s 64gb = AU$999

So it's basically the same price leaving us with a 2 specialized devices vs 1 all-in-one device with less capacity.

OP- sorry, I didn't really help too much but like I said I'm in the same predicament myself:confused:

EDIT: fixed prices

3. macrumors regular

I have both. My iPhone is only 8GB, plus it's nice to have a backup device. The only problem with the classic is its bulkiness. I'm considering an iPhone + 16GB nano option instead.

4. macrumors regular

Don't have an iPhone however do have droid x but also have iPod touch classic and iPad use touch in my speakers and classic in car so u can find uses for all

5. macrumors 604

mrsir2009

You should get one of these. It doesn't have the bulk of the iPod Classic, it has decent space and it has the 'iPod feel'.
    [​IMG]

6. macrumors regular

This is actually a very clever idea. I would pick up a good condition 4th or 5th generation nano with 16GB. It's light, has an intuitive interface with a decent screen, and can hold a decent amount of music. I wish Apple had offered the 5th generation in 32GB, that would have been amazing.

7. macrumors regular

I have had both for years. I seldom use my phone for music unless it's Pandora or MOG. I have over 320 GB of music in iTunes so the phone is on the small side capacity-wise. I like the idea of a large capacity music player. If you need the capacity, go for the Classic. I like mine a lot and will miss the Classic if it is dropped from the iPod line. To be clear, I use my Classic in my vehicle. Carrying an iPhone AND a Classic would be a pain. Did I mention that I really like the Classic?

8. macrumors 603

rgarjr

Support the classic and get it.