Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maverickem09

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2008
I want to explore possibly making a new case for my iPod classic, but seeing as the new iPods are, well, new, there is an extremely limited amount of information about this. I don't want to change any of the firmware, add linux, do anything to the 'guts' of the iPod itself. I just want to maybe add a different 'connected' screenshot and the case mod/replacement. Any suggestions on where to get information on case modding or just get a skin?

blairbeckwith

macrumors regular
May 14, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
To my knowledge, the Classic firmware has yet to be cracked, so anything software based (connection screen ) is a no go.

As for physical mods, all I know is that the aluminum front is easy to pry off.

maverickem09

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2008
^rockbox?

I copied this from the forums at ipodhacks.com:

"I have spent weeks going from hacker to hacker, forum to forum and have found that Steve Jobs has done it AGAIN. They are using an adaptive encryption method that no hacker has been able to penetrate or exploit yet. This is troubling to me as I have the 160 and would love to load rockbox with all my flac's in hidef 24bit 96khz as well as wavpack and various other random video formats not originally native to the firmware. We need to put a challenge out the all hackers to motivate a super smart cracker to break the encryption string somehow."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.