Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

R.R.Mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Guildford, England
My iPod classic 80GB crashes when either i push my headphones down too far and (the most annoying) plugging in the charger. It still charges my iPod but it means I cannot sync it with my computer. It is driving me mad. Is there any way I can fix this? Also it doesn't mind having the power connecter in but as long as there is no power in it. I.e. i can put it in and it will work but when i plug it into my computer it crashes.

Thanks.

R.R.Mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Guildford, England
I guess that i have a problem then because i get to the accessorize test and because it has to register with power it crashes so it can't tell me what the problem is :mad: Damn do I have to take it into apple?

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I guess that i have a problem then because i get to the accessorize test and because it has to register with power it crashes so it can't tell me what the problem is :mad: Damn do I have to take it into apple?

Can you plug it in to power before putting it into diagnostic mode?

R.R.Mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Guildford, England
I cannot. I plug my iPod into power and it makes it compleatly unusable. I can't do anything except reset it but it won't start back up. I have to disconnect it from the power before it will start back up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.