Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zaiten

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
hello everyone

I just bought a $12 dollar AV cable for my 80GB iPod classic. it works great, video signal is very good quality on standard def TV. I was thinking about replacing a laptop that fed music clips to a video-beam in a bar since the iPod seemed like it would do the job just fine. It all seemed to easy, so I started to convert all my videoclips to MP4 when I realized that when I tested the iPod it didn't actually play clips one after another when connected to the TV. it would play and then repeat, didn't even jump to the next clip when FF button was pushed. My question is, how can I make the iPod play clips continuously when outputting to TV, say, all the clips in a playlist one after another?

thanks for your help.

larapumkin

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2008
hello everyone

I just bought a $12 dollar AV cable for my 80GB iPod classic. it works great, video signal is very good quality on standard def TV. I was thinking about replacing a laptop that fed music clips to a video-beam in a bar since the iPod seemed like it would do the job just fine. It all seemed to easy, so I started to convert all my videoclips to MP4 when I realized that when I tested the iPod it didn't actually play clips one after another when connected to the TV. it would play and then repeat, didn't even jump to the next clip when FF button was pushed. My question is, how can I make the iPod play clips continuously when outputting to TV, say, all the clips in a playlist one after another?

thanks for your help.

you just have to go back to the ipod and play the next file. sorry to say

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Not sure if this would interest you, but have you thought about the apple tv? I can't speak for movies, but I have a bunch of DVDs that were a bands collection of music videos (now that I think about it, you could also rip concerts as chapters instead of an entire movie as well) that play one after another on apple tv.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.