iPod Classic Doesn't Stay Connected

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Mliii, Nov 21, 2010.

1. macrumors 65816

Mliii

I have a problem with my iPod Classic, 120 gig Model.
    When I try to sync, it appears on my Mac for a minute and then disappears- much too fast for me to do anything. I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.5 and iTunes 10.1.
    Any thoughts as to how to fix this issue?

2. macrumors 65816

Mliii

Let me try this again...I connect my Classic to my Mac. It shows up for a minute. Syncs and then disconnects. I don't touch it. I can't update, add songs, etc to it.
    Any suggestions?:confused:

3. macrumors newbie

i am having the same problem. ipod classic 160gb, osx 10.6.5, itunes 10.1.1

connect ipod, it briefly syncs (manual mode is on) then disconnects. i cannot do anything because it disconnects too fast.

ive reset, tried disc mode, deleted "damaged files" folder from ipod, tried different ports, cords, etc

any solutions?

4. macrumors newbie

I'm Having The Same Problem

I took my ipod in and the Genius exchanged it for another ... same problem ...

hoping someone can come up with a solution... I'm not a happy camper!

5. macrumors newbie

I found my solution!!!

I was just reading another forum and saw that someone had luck uninstalling ESET virus protection. I had installed that after I had upgraded to Snow Leopard and gotten the update to iTunes.

First I tried to disable the file scanning option in ESET and that did NOT work so I went ahead and uninstalled the software completely and low and behold my ipod worked just fine.... I can't tell you how many hours I have worked on this.

Two trips to the apple store for new iPods ... the first replacement had a defect.

hope this helps