iPod Classic - Long Sync Time

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jaxadorawho, Feb 25, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Feb 25, 2013
    I've having trouble with my iPod Classic syncing because it seems to take forever. I have unchecked "Convert higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps" but what seems to be the problem is that it re-syncs my movies and TV shows every time I plug my iPod in to sync new music that I add. I haven't added new movies or TV shows in well over a year. What's the deal? How can I fix this? I've done lots of research in regards to this problem but have had very little success in finding a solution.

Tech specs: 160gb iPod Classic (with video & Genius; I don't know what generation it is though); I work off of Windows 7 and have everything up-to-date (iTunes, iPod, etc)

2. macrumors 6502a

May 12, 2010
    There are some settings in itunes; one is to not have your device automatically sync when plugged in; enable disk use, & there is another in the sync window, where you can choose to have all sync & another checkbox just below where you can choose just the new items, the checkbox will allow you to navigate to where on a hard drive to sync the items you want, without having to sync the whole thing every time. Un check the sync all, & check off the box that allows you to choose.

hope this helps.