Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
I think this October Apple might release a new iPod Touch that is also the classic combined
So it might have the screen of the ipod nano mini sized
but with the controls of the ipod classic...
And of course the monstrous storage space
the advantage is that by now it should be able to store a terabyte of space.
Like maybe with Siri in it as well so it can use imessage and stuff like that

But yep it's an awesome idea I Mean think of it this way
an iPod Touch Classic also acting as a Wireless hard drive connected to the iphone or other devices that CAN be used as a back up source or storing pictures on it as well the advantage of that ipod is the big storage..but yeah
I hope this is a wonderful idea.....SOMEONE PLEASE STEAL MY IDEA :'(

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
What the heck are you doing that requires a whole terabyte of disk space? I am very skeptical that you have 1TB of music that you always listen to...

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
ITunes Match eliminated the necessity of carrying your entire library with you at all times. Download the music you want to listen to from anywhere. I don't even use half of my 32gb anymore. A TB of space would be useless.

The earlier you stop resisting and adapt to cloud services, the more prepared you'll be when physical storage eventually becomes an antiquated technology for computer and mobile devices.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
ITunes Match eliminated the necessity of carrying your entire library with you at all times. Download the music you want to listen to from anywhere. I don't even use half of my 32gb anymore. A TB of space would be useless.

The earlier you stop resisting and adapt to cloud services, the more prepared you'll be when physical storage eventually becomes an antiquated technology for computer and mobile devices.
In response to various points:

Apple specifically points out that iTunes match is not a backup service and you should retain a copy of all your music.

Physical storage is not going away that fast. Besides if it goes away, here is the data on the cloud kept?

An iPod Touch would need to be near a WiFi network you could use to download from iTunes Match. This is not always possible.

Due to data usage limitations that many phone plans in the US has, there will be many people who will restrict music downloads to WiFi only. Again reducing the usefulness of iTunes Match.

And then there are still some issues with iTunes match discussed elsewhere that make the service not useable for some people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.