Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Karpfish

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
It displays each for a few seconds then goes to a different one, no order that I see.

Karpfish

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
cornerdealy said:
how does the coverflow do? Engadget says it's laggy.

It is a little slow when you first open it, but after a second or two it seems to be OK.

amycishere

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2007
I'd love to see what a video/movie looks like on it and if someone who has the 5.5 generation notices any improvement?

theperson

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2007
FAKE FAKE FAKE PHOTOSHOP JOBS DIDNT ANNOUNCE AN IPOD CLASSIC

no just kidding.. great shots

Karpfish

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
All my music has art, I can't stand the blank album cover in iTunes coverflow so if I buy a CD not on iTunes or whatever then I get the image from Amazon and add it in. But if it didn't it would display a blank album cover like it does in iTunes or on the iPhone. Coverflow is good, I'm putting some mroe movies on it right now so I can't play with it. When its done syncing I'll do more photos with my 2G nano and give more on the interface.

swwack91

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2007
New Jersey
excellent! you're like a savior for my attention span. i just wanna see everything about these things...

i'm hoping to get to my Apple Store in like a week or so.

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
Great Photos, but...

I can't believe Westchester got the 160GBs before the 5th Ave. store. WTF??? :confused:

Got to play with the new nanos and the 80GB classic. Not too impressed with the coverflow; there's a 2-3 second lag if you scroll more than 20 or so albums. But the 80GB is beautifully thin, and the brushed aluminum isn't as off-putting as I expected (but not as pretty as the old shiny black).

Hopefully by this time tomorrow, I'll have my 160GB classic in hand. It'll be the first time since I started buying iPods that my whole media collection will fit on an iPod out of the box! Woot! :apple:

Karpfish

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Puz01, the Westchester didn't have the 160s, or the Black 80s. I would assume the 5th ave store would get them first.

neuroticomic

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2007
not sure i liek the split screen interface part.

looks odd with full color album art, then the old school plain white with menu.
oy.

why not go the zune route with full color with background, or even like the new ipod sync screen?

beaker26

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
Thank you for adding you nano to the pictures. I really like the looks of it.. Looks like it's a touch or classic for me.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
I just went to my local apple store and bought me a silver iPod classic. I had a black 5G iPod so I decided to switch it up and go with the silver one.

PorpoiseMuffins

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2007
That's the one I want! Looking good!

I'm also curious about the back scratching like the earlier generations. I'll probably get an invisible shield for the back and the front screen to be safe. This will be my first iPod-- I'm glad that I waited :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.