iPod Classic v/s iPod Nano 8 gb

Discussion in 'iPod' started by anandk, Apr 10, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Dear Members,
    First of all I'm sorry if I'm going to put the repetitive thread. I'm a newbie to Apple's world of iPods. I want to purchase an iPod and I have two options--1. iPod Classic Silver in $ 280 (80 GB) and iPod Nano Black in $180 (8 GB). Which one shall I prefer?? What are the differences between these two models??
    Thanx

2. macrumors 68000

tersono

The obvious difference is storage capacity. All the other information you need is available just by looking at Apple's web site.

Nano vs Classic

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I have seen that and i was wondering about the price. There is not much difference in the prices of 8 GB Nano and 80 GB Classic. I would like to know why Nano is so costly??

4. macrumors member

flash drive costs more than hard drive.

So it's a decision between having your complete library on the road vs. having a player you can use for sports where it can drop.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

So, what you members suggest me to buy. By the way, i don't need such a huge space...

6. macrumors 68040

The Nano is much much smaller, and is more reliable due to its use of flash drives instead of hard drives, this is also why it is smaller in capacity. If you don't have more than 8gb of music then get the Nano.