iPod Classicx 120GB volume problems

Discussion in 'iPod' started by kisstothesky, Dec 6, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 6, 2011
    Hi, my iPod has been fudging up lately. The volume sounds like it's at 60% volume level when really it's at 0%. When I increase it, there is literally no difference in the volume level (it's loud) until it passes 75% or so where it gets even louder.

EVERYTHING is fine. Music still plays, no crackling sounds, no nothing. I don't remember dropping it or water damage or anything.

Initially it did come with the crackling issue (crackling noises when the chord is touched) and I sent it in for repairs which fixed that. But this volume issue is still persistent.

And no, it's not the earphone I'm using.

If I can't fix it, I can live with it. I usually do have my music on loud (but not that loud) but it's just that it's a little annoying sometimes.
  2. macrumors regular

Mar 19, 2006
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

With your iPod plugged in, go to iTunes and adjust the maximum volume to say 50% and then unmount it. Remount it and put it back to 100%. Maybe that'll work. I know it's a long shot.