iPod Clicker

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by haiggy, Nov 28, 2004.

1. haiggy macrumors 65816

Hey, I was just wondering how many of you have the "Clicker" feature on the iPod turned on. I think it is kind of neat and helps me know how fast I'm scrolling down. Does it waste the battery at all? Seems as if there is like an internal speaker inside of it.

So: on or off?

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I keep mine off because I just am not a fan of it, but I think that the battery drain is very marginal - you'll never see a difference in battery life.

3. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

I have mine off too. main reason being when I first got it, I would be using it in school, and sence the click on the 3G iPod comes through the body, I turned it off.

Its kinda cool to have, so you know if you hit a button or not, but I also like how I can simply touch it and it does it, with no noise or anything :p kinda cool to me.

4. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

on my 3G I have it off because I can tell it would piss people off while im scrolling through songs (because it comes through the main body)

When I get a 4G I'll leave it on though. I think it's neat :cool:

/asif

5. justinshiding macrumors member

Mines off too :)

It's just too irritating to deal with. I wish there were a way to turn it of permanently (when I reboot the ipod after loading s ongs..it always comes back...grrr)

Justin

6. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

mines turned off. It is useful when you have it switched on (on the iPod) but when i switched it on in the earphones it just sounds naff. It sounds different to how it sounds from the iPod, and i would just have it on coming out of the ipods internall speaker but i can't hear it because my earphones cancel out noise. so although i agree its a nice feature, its something that i can't use.

7. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

Mines on. I have my iPod hooked up to my cars stereo, so it's nice to have the audible feedback so I can keep my eyes on the road. :eek: :D

8. haiggy thread starter macrumors 65816

(Assuming you have a 4G)

9. Maxicek macrumors regular

Mines on. Sometimes I find the buttons can be un-responsive and the click is the only way I know I've actually pressed them.

10. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

mines off cause when i'm sitting with my dad and i'm scrolling through those songs he gets angery with that click-click noise (i have a 3G BTW)

11. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

in school, i have it off, but when i'm home it's on sometimes. (4G)
    when i had my 3G though, i kept it on, so i would know when it was pressed.