Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i loved what this guy had to say at the bottom:

on the battery
Posted Oct 18, 2004, 8:38 AM ET by jradi

Yes, I'm a vosonic brand. They've been making x's-drive or the x-drive for years, which was primarily a digital wallet device. You can get one of those shells for as little as $50 on ebay and put your own drive in there - fantastic for traveling w/ digital cameras...

Just wanted to add that indeed, you can buy and swap out the battery and it's a pretty easy thing to do (although not all that cheap). Batteries are about $50 and require a screw driver (so it isn't "easily" swappable - sort of like the origina Archose jukebox).

Just goes to show you, every product has it's niche market. These are aimed at digital photography freaks, who wouldn't mind carrying some tunes while on a trip...

-jr

haha trying to play it off as being more for digial camera people!!! just admit that it is a rip off!!! and it sounds like you have to open it the same way you open an iPod.....hmmmmmmm....oh and nice mention of any brand but iPod too....

PlaceofDis said:
haha trying to play it off as being more for digial camera people!!! just admit that it is a rip off!!! and it sounds like you have to open it the same way you open an iPod.....hmmmmmmm....oh and nice mention of any brand but iPod too....

umm it is for digital photographers, did anyone bother to follow the link?
vosonic_xs_drive_super_vp6210.jpg

look at the back, not at all like an ipod

http://www.photographyblog.com/comments.php?id=4115_0_1_0_C

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Apple has a patent on the design. I think that company is going to get a swift kick in the butt from Apple Legal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.