iPod Color 30gb Problems

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ItsTotalled, Jul 26, 2013.

1. ItsTotalled, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013

macrumors newbie

Jul 26, 2013
    I bought an iPod Color 30gb used yesterday and it's having some weird problem.

Basically, it's constantly telling me that the battery's low with the little battery with a sign on it. It's been charging for over 8 hours. When I disconnect the charger it turns off, so when I press the center button it starts to start up by showing the apple logo and then just shows the battery + sign.

I don't think it's the battery as it's been doing this for a solid hour. The hard drive sounds like a healthy iPod hard drive when I put it up to my ear.

Should I see if I can put it in Disk Mode and then, if I can, restore it?

I tried putting it into Disk Mode, but it only shows the Apple Logo for 1-2 seconds.

I bought it on a whim at the thrift store for $15 and I don't really feel like returning it so I'm hoping I can find a solution even if it's going to be replacing a component.
  2. macrumors member

Feb 1, 2009
    Sounds like the battery has had it. I've had a few iPods that have done this, battery replacement is the fix you're after. :)
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 26, 2013
    Okay :D That's what I figured. I was hoping it would be something simple like that and not a motherboard replacement.