Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cyclonus5150

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
I was watching the Redskins - Bucs game this weekend and couldn't help but notice that the iPod commercial ran like 6 times throughout the game. It was actually the first time I've ever seen it and it was pretty eye-catching. Also, the commentators mentioned the iPod more than once, one time saying "I wonder if Coach Gibbs was listening to that Aerosmith song on his iPod on his way to the game today". The only other Apple commercial I've ever seen was during the Superbowl for the pepsi-itunes thing. I wonder if they are going to do anything for the iMac? Did they when the G4 came out?

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
When the G4 came out they had a series of commercials promoting it as being defined as a "supercomputer" by the US Government. Things like "it can't be exported," etc. I think one showed it surrounded by tanks.

Don't remember anything like that with the G5.

With the iMacs, they had several with the original CRTs, including a couple with Jeff Goldblum talking about easy connectivity. I don't remember any with the G4 iMacs, though.

BTW - the iPod commercial is pretty cool. I'm thinking of buying one just so it will improve my dancing...

debo

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2004
The G4 iMac commercials had the guy outside the store window moving his face around and the iMac mimicking his movements. The he stuck his toungue out and the iMac stuck its' disk tray out.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
debo said:
The G4 iMac commercials had the guy outside the store window moving his face around and the iMac mimicking his movements. The he stuck his toungue out and the iMac stuck its' disk tray out.

Now I remember. That was a good one. Tough to emulate that with the new G5 iMac. Maybe he'll just nod his head or something...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.