iPod contacts problem

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Ludwig van Jaet, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Ludwig van Jaet macrumors newbie

I just had my 15GB iPod replaced, since my other one pooped. I've just noticed that it's not displaying my contacts properly.

It's mixing up the order of the phone numbers, renaming "other", and custom labels to "office", being inconsistent with phone number formatting (it's set to be XXX.XXX.XXXX, and some have had dashes, and some haven't had any spacers at all)

It's also not showing all of the information (alternate addresses, aim, birthdays, etc)

I don't remember any of this happening with my old iPod, and both were using the software version 2.2, with Address Book on 10.3.4

Anyone have any idea what might be the problem, and how to fix it?

Thanks!

2. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

Use the iPod disc utility thingee to reformat it, replace your tunes/contacts.

/darr.

3. Ludwig van Jaet thread starter macrumors newbie

If you're talking about restoring it, I've tried that to no avail. If you're talking something else, I'm not quite sure what it is.

4. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

I know this sucks, but...
    you might try copying all your contacts to a text file, then delete your address book file, and create a whole new one from scratch. maybe it became corrupted somehow?

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but I bet it will work.

Lee Tom

5. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

Yes, I was talking about restoring it. You didn't mention it in your first post.

6. Ludwig van Jaet thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry about forgetting to mention that.

I've tried clearing out the address book, and making a single entry with a custom phone number (aptly named 'custom'), aim name, and birthday.

The phone number shows on the iPod as 'office', and the aim name & birthday weren't there at all.

Just to make sure I'm not going crazy for no reason, should it be displaying these things how I expect them to? Or did I just never notice this happening before.

7. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

For what it's worth, I just checked my iPod, and the numbers showed up correctly, but no birthdays or AIM names.

Lee Tom