ipod corrupt file/dir, run chkdsk or not?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ollie, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ollie macrumors member

i heart myipod
    now, ive had it for about a month now and sometimes it looses its settings and displays the mac logo but i think this is cause i havnt used in a while and it went into deep sleep? anyway
    today i plug it in to shoot some tool song scross that speedy firewire400 interface and low and be hold. windows pops up a message (xp)

itunes:itune.exe corrupt file
    the file or directory \ipod_control\itunes\play Count is corrupt and unreadable. please run the CHKDISK utility

okay.. do i do it? i am a little hesitate as (i know its sounds stupid but ive had some bad experences) its being a windows untiliy..should i do it this way or is there a better way/tool? its formated as fat32 (obviously)
    so yeah. do i do it?

2. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Why not just do a scandisk and restore on the iPod first and see if that corrects the problem. That would probably be better than CHKDISK and since its made by Apple and not Microsoft it will actuall work and not screw anything up.

3. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Why not just do a scandisk and restore on the iPod first and see if that corrects the problem. That would probably be better than CHKDISK and since its made by Apple and not Microsoft it will actuall work and not screw anything up. :p

Edit: Stupid double post. :mad: