Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MorganX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2003
Midwest
Hate new iPod Design.

Lost 5G iPod. Whoever found it in the gym is not going to return it.

Don't like new design.

Cannot function without iPod.

Must... order... new... iPod.

Ordered... cannot wait... must have... nothing can replace... iPod.

I don't want it... cannot resist... I'm an iPod junkie... I need help.

tazo

macrumors 68040
Re: iPod = Crack

Originally posted by MorganX
Hate new iPod Design.

Lost 5G iPod. Whoever found it in the gym is not going to return it.

Don't like new design.

Cannot function without iPod.

Must... order... new... iPod.

Ordered... cannot wait... must have... nothing can replace... iPod.

I don't want it... cannot resist... I'm an iPod junkie... I need help.

lol. why do you hate the new design? more rounded, lighter, thinner, cooler interface, nicer buttons? what? lol.

Wyrm

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2003
Toekeeyoe, Japan
Hmmm - I think the new design just takes a little getting used to.

I have the new iPod - and like it many times over. I find it is easier to punch the buttons. The buttons aren't pressed when in the belt clip (unlike the old one) - especially on a crowded Tokyo subway.

I guess having your iPod stolen and not returned is a testament to how good it is... after all if it was a regular MP3 player it would have probaly been returned. :confused: Sorry - some other guy is enjoying your iPod now. :(

-Wyrm

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by Wyrm
Hmmm - I think the new design just takes a little getting used to.
i agree. morgan, have you tried them out much? i didn't like the new design on the buttons either, but it really is superior in a lot of ways. you can still navigate with one hand easy.

MacManDan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2003
I think MorganX is trying to allude to the thought process of a crack user.. "mm this stuff's great .. ohh I hate it" etc. But honestly .. I wouldn't know .. never done it myself :)

LoL .. it's quite funny though! :D

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by MacManDan
I think MorganX is trying to allude to the thought process of a crack user.. "mm this stuff's great .. ohh I hate it" etc. But honestly .. I wouldn't know .. never done it myself :)

LoL .. it's quite funny though! :D
wait, i would think an addiction was just the opposite: oh no, i hate that crap, i couldn't possibly.... oh, that's kind of nice... mmmm... yeah!

MacManDan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2003
Originally posted by Shadowfax
wait, i would think an addiction was just the opposite: oh no, i hate that crap, i couldn't possibly.... oh, that's kind of nice... mmmm... yeah!

Well .. you may be right, but MorganX's description seems to show several (accelerated) cycles of the "up and down" stages of addiction.. so it still could fit..

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
trust me its nicer, i have both and i loved the new one right away, its still a 1 hand ipod.

iJon

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003
LOL what a funny post.

yea the new design is a bit :s at first, but now i'm used to it. But I'm still not getting it..yet...i have to save up....:(

MorganX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2003
Midwest
Re: Re: iPod = Crack

Originally posted by tazo
lol. why do you hate the new design? more rounded, lighter, thinner, cooler interface, nicer buttons? what? lol.

The new design just doesn't seem as sleek and refined. I suppose I'll get used to the new one. When you think about it, it's on my hip most of the time and I'm not looking at it, though I do think I'm going to get protector with an armband attachment.

I tell ya, cardio is a whole different beast without my iPod by my side....

tazo

macrumors 68040
Re: Re: Re: iPod = Crack

Originally posted by MorganX
The new design just doesn't seem as sleek and refined. I suppose I'll get used to the new one. When you think about it, it's on my hip most of the time and I'm not looking at it, though I do think I'm going to get protector with an armband attachment.

I tell ya, cardio is a whole different beast without my iPod by my side....

yeah i know what you mean. I don't have an iPod but if I didn't have an mp3 or cd player i don't think i could exercise
:D

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
You'll like the new iPod once you get it. You will probably even start to like it better than the older iPods. I have a 3rd gen. 10 GB iPod, and I love how slim it is.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Yeah, Shadowfax is on crack :D :eek:

Apple's products always look nicer in person. Plus the newer style actually has buttons, instead of thin tabs on each side of the scroll wheel. Still you can use one hand to navigate.

MorganX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2003
Midwest
New iPod arrived today. Ends a week of torture.

The new design is much sweeter once it's in a case. Very slick. Anyone else who initially didn't like the new design should go check it out in a protective case. Much nicer than original.

The buttons are just right. Nowhere near too sensitive for me.

I can honestly say, I will never be without an iPod and I will probably upgrade every other year just for the heck of it.

If you're sitting on the fence like I was, dive in. The new JVC behind the neck headphones Apple is carrying go down to 8hz and deliver very good bass, perfect for lifting and cardio. Less than $30. Well worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.