ipod deal + new powerbooks

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by noneis, Sep 2, 2003.

1. noneis macrumors member

Aug 26, 2003
    so im getting one of the new powerbooks if they are released on the 16th, or whenever for that matter, but i am also planning to get a ipod at the same time with the nice $200 rebate apple is running.

i am wondering if the fact that the rebate runs through sept 26th, has any baring on the release of a new or updated powerbook in paris. wont apple loose a bunch of cash on a deal like that, considering how many people are likley to buy this revision of the powerbook? what do you think?

regardless EVERYONE should get an ipod if they are getting a powerbook before the 26th, cant belive its only going to cost about $70 :p
  2. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

May 18, 2003
    They'll be fine as long as you don't receive the PB before the rebate runs out... since you have to receive it before that date... so expect G5 like delays.
  3. shecky Guest

May 24, 2003
    Obviously you're not a golfer.
    knowing apples track record i suspect it is highly unlikely that the bundle rebate will be valid on any newly released powerbooks.

One of the last lines in the rebate fine print are "Apple reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions or end the offer at any time without notice"
  4. noneis thread starter macrumors member

Aug 26, 2003
    well, its funny, now that i try and go to the apple site and re-read everything, any mention of this deal has been removed. anyone else find it on there?
  5. noneis thread starter macrumors member

Aug 26, 2003