Ipod details online

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Brockagh, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Brockagh macrumors newbie

Hi

I had my ipod 20 gb stolen recently, but thankfully it's covered under my holiday insurance. The insurance company wants proof that I had an ipod and what kind I had. Can I access this information online?

My instruction book etc does not say what kind of iPod I have and I no longer have the receipt... I was wondering if my registration with Itunes might have this information and how do I access it?

Thanks

Brockagh

2. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

If you ordered it online through the Apple Store, Apple should have e-mailed you an invoice that can serve as proof of purchase. Also, if you log into your account at Apple, you should be able to look at your order history.

3. Brockagh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Cleanup

I got it as a present, so I don't have any details. It was bought in a shop in New York. It was bought about a year ago, so the person who bought it for me doesn't have any details either.

4. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Did you register it with Apple? If so, you should be able to access that as proof of ownership.

5. gammamonk macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

Do you have the original box? That along with the manual you mentioned should be enough I would think. The box would show the model / capacity.

6. Brockagh thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have the box, but I think I did register it with Apple. When I look up my details in Apple, I don't see any indication of the product I bought... I just get my name and address.